Thursday, February 25, 2016

Session spotlight: Hexi Lee Voodoo at Tulsa Obscura


When local pin up and alt model Hexi Lee Voodoo approached me about doing a themed shoot inside local oddities shop Tulsa Obscura I was super excited. It's always so great when a client comes to me with a special idea for a shoot. As much as I love my studio, I love doing custom themed photo shoots in unique locations around Tulsa!

 The store owners couldn't have been sweeter or more accommodating, and I had an awesome time looking at all the cool products they sold there like jewelry, home accessories, and more.  They were really committed to selling locally crafted items there, and I really respect the fact that they go out of their way to support Oklahoma artists.  


If you know anything about local ghoulish pinup cutie Hexi Lee Voodoo, it's that she loves Ouija boards and other creepy things, so we made sure to incorporate tons of that into the shoot.  Luckily Obscura had most of this stuff for sale in the shop and allowed us to use it for photo shoot props.


This was such a great shoot and Hexi looked so beautiful and I was so happy with how the photos turned out! You can also find the above photo published on the cover of the Fall 2015 issue of Pink Peacock Pinup magazine.



Sometimes it's really fun to step out of the cheesecake pin up box and do something different, and this alternative goth style shoot was extremely fun to do!



Have an idea for your own custom photo shoot theme or specialty location?  Email me at liz@photosbyliz.com to make your dreams become a reality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment